Link

Social

Embed

Download

Download
Download Transcript

[00:00:01]

GOOD EVENING. I HEREBY CALL TO ORDER THE JUNE 25TH, REGULAR BOARD MEETING BY VIDEO

[1.0 Call to Order]

CONFERENCE OF THE CROWLEY ISD BOARD OF TRUSTEES AND CERTIFY THAT WE ARE IN COMPLIANCE WITH THE PROVISIONS OF SECTION FIVE FIVE ONE POINT ZERO FOUR ONE FIVE FIVE ONE POINT ZERO FOUR FIVE OF TEXAS GOVERNMENT CODE PURSUANT TO PUBLIC NOTICE OF THIS MEETING AND AS ALLOWED BY THE TEXAS ATTORNEY GENERAL ISSUANCE A TEMPORARY SUSPENSION TO CERTAIN OPEN MEANING LOST DUE TO THE COVID-19 EPIDEMIC AND CLOSURES.

I REQUEST, THE OFFICIAL ROLL CALL, PLEASE.

MR. KIRCHNER. YES, MA'AM.

GOOD EVENING, EVERYONE.

THANK YOU ALL FOR JOINING OUR MEETING BY VIDEO CONFERENCE THIS EVENING, WHICH IS ALSO OPEN TO THE PUBLIC TO JOIN.

WE HAVE IMPORTANT BUSINESS TO ATTEND TO THIS EVENING.

I WOULD ASK THAT YOU BE PATIENT AS WE CONDUCT OUR MEETING IN THIS FORMAT.

PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOUR DEVICES ARE MUTED.

IF YOU EXPERIENCE ANY TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES, PLEASE SEND A TEXT MESSAGE OR EMAIL TO MR. KIRCHNER. WE WILL BEGIN THIS EVENING'S MEETING WITH A PUBLIC HEARING AGENDA ITEM TWO

[2.0 Public Hearing]

POINT ONE PUBLIC MEETING TO DISCUSS BUDGET AND PROPOSED TAX RATE.

DR. MCFARLAND. MADAM PRESIDENT, BOARD MEMBERS, MS. STACY ADRIAN IS PREPARED TO ADDRESS THIS ITEM.

THANK YOU, DR. MCFARLAND, MS. HALL, MEMBERS OF THE BOARD.

TONIGHT, WE'RE SIMPLY CONDUCTING OUR PUBLIC HEARING TO DISCUSS THE BUDGET AND POST TAX RATE FOR THE TWENTY, TWENTY ONE SCHOOL YEAR.

THE FIRST SLIDE WE HAVE IS JUST SIMPLY THE TOP PORTION OF OUR NOTICE THAT WAS PUBLICIZED IN THE STAR TELEGRAM ON JUNE 3RD.

TRUTH IN TAXATION REQUIRES THAT WE ADVERTISE OUR MEETING SO WE CAN HAVE A PUBLIC HEARING AND SO, ANYWAY WE DID THAT ON JUNE 3RD.

AND AS YOU CAN SEE, OUR POSED TAX RATE AT THAT POINT WAS A DOLLAR FIVE FORTY SEVEN FOR MAINTENANCE AND OPERATIONS AND 50 CENTS FOR DEBT SERVICE.

THE NEXT SLIDE IS SIMPLY A SLIDE YOU'VE SEEN IN THE PAST.

AND THIS IS JUST SHOWING HOW HOUSE BILL THREE REQUIRED US TO DROP OUR TAX RATE TO A DOLLAR FIVE FORTY SEVEN AND THEN THE DEBT SERVICE TAX RATE AT 50 CENTS, GIVING US A DOLLAR FIFTY FIVE, FORTY SEVEN.

AGAIN, THIS IS WHAT WE HAD TO USE TO ADVERTISE OUR MEETING FOR TONIGHT.

BUT TEA WILL SUPPLY US WITH OUR TAX RATE IN THE FIRST PART OF AUGUST OF TWENTY TWENTY.

SO ON THE NEXT SLIDE, IT'S JUST SIMPLY THE BEGINNING OF OUR DISCUSSION ON THE BUDGET.

THIS IS THE GENERAL FUND BUDGET SHOWING LOCAL REVENUE OF EIGHTY TWO POINT SEVEN MILLION DOLLARS. STATE REVENUE OF SEVENTY POINT FIVE MILLION.

FEDERAL REVENUE OF TWO POINT EIGHT IN THE GENERAL FUND, GIVING US TOTAL REVENUE OF ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY SIX MILLION DOLLARS.

AND OUR PRELIMINARY EXPENDITURES AT THE MOMENT ARE ONE HUNDRED AND SIXTY THREE POINT THREE MILLION DOLLARS, GIVING US A CHANGE TO OUR FUND BALANCE OF SEVEN POINT TWO MILLION DOLLARS. THE NEXT SLIDE JUST SIMPLY BREAKS DOWN THE EXPENDITURE SIDE OF THE BUDGET FOR THE GENERAL FUND, SIR.

ONE HUNDRED AND SIXTY THREE POINT THREE MILLION DOLLARS OF EXPENDITURES ARE BROKEN DOWN BY FUNCTION NUMBER, BECAUSE LATER IN THE MEETING, WE WILL BE APPROVING THE BUDGET BY FUNCTION NUMBER. SO YOU'LL SEE THESE NUMBERS AGAIN.

THE NEXT SLIDE IS THE CHILD NUTRITION FUND THAT WE ALSO NEED TO APPROVE THIS EVENING.

LATER IN THE MEETING.

SHOWING TEN POINT NINE MILLION DOLLARS IN ANTICIPATED REVENUE, MOST OF WHICH COMES FROM THE FEDERAL REVENUE.

FUNCTION THIRTY FIVE IS EIGHT POINT EIGHT MILLION DOLLARS OF EXPENDITURES AND FUNCTION FIFTY ONE IS FOUR HUNDRED FIFTY THOUSAND DOLLARS, GIVING US A CHANGE IN OUR FUND BALANCE IN THE CHILD NUTRITION FUND OF ONE POINT SIX MILLION DOLLARS.

AND THE NEXT SLIDE SHOWS THE PRELIMINARY DEBT SERVICE BUDGET ANTICIPATED REVENUE OF THIRTY NINE POINT SEVEN MILLION DOLLARS.

EXPENDITURES AT THIRTY ONE POINT NINE MILLION DOLLARS.

SHOWING US A CHANGE TO OUR FUND BALANCE IN THE DEBT SERVICE FUND OF SEVEN POINT EIGHT MILLION DOLLARS. THIS CONCLUDES MY SLIDES FOR TONIGHT FOR THE PUBLIC HEARING, I'LL BE

[00:05:02]

HAPPY TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS THAT YOU MAY HAVE OR OTHERWISE.

WE WILL APPROVE THE BUDGET LATER IN THE MEETING.

ARE THERE ANY QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS FROM OUR MEETING PARTICIPANTS? THIS IS A PUBLIC MEETING, SO THIS WOULD BE YOUR OPPORTUNITY TO HAVE COMMENTS IF YOU ARE PARTICIPATING, YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE A BOARD MEMBER TO HAVE A QUESTION OR COMMENT AT THIS TIME.

MR. KIRCHNER, ARE THOSE QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS COMING THROUGH? WILL WE HEAR THEM VERBALLY OR ARE THEY COMING THROUGH IN THE CHAT OR DISCUSSION FEATURE? YES, MA'AM. THERE ARE NO QUESTIONS CURRENTLY IN THE CHAT, AND IF ANYONE PARTICIPATING WOULD LIKE TO VERBALLY ASK THE QUESTION, THEY COULD DO SO AT THIS TIME.

BUT THERE'S NOTHING IN THE CHAT RIGHT NOW BEING ASKED ABOUT THE BUDGET.

OK. ALL RIGHT.

WELL, THERE ARE NO COMMENTS.

[3.0 Adjournment - Public Hearing]

AT THIS TIME ARE PUBLIC HEARING IS ADJOURNED.

AND WE WILL CONTINUE WITH OUR REGULAR MEETING AND REPORT ITEMS. SO THAT BRINGS US TO OUR REPORT ITEM AGENDA FOUR POINT ONE DESIGN REVIEW OF CROWLEY ISD

[4.0 Report Item(s) / Presentation(s)]

SPORTS COMPLEX.

AND THANK YOU, MS..

ADRIAN, I'M SORRY. ALL RIGHT.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR PRESENTATION.

THANK YOU. ALL RIGHT, SO, MADAM PRESIDENT, BOARD MEMBERS WERE DEFINITELY EXCITED TO BRING THIS NEXT ITEM FORWARD.

MR. REEVES AND MS. BROWN FROM VLK WILL BE PRESENTING THIS ITEM.

THANK YOU, DR. MCFARLAND MS. HALL, MEMBERS OF THE BOARD.

THE DISTRICT OPERATIONS TEAM AND MR. LINCOLN'S TEAM HAVE BEEN WORKING WITH VLK IN THE DESIGN OF OUR SPORTS COMPLEX.

WE WILL BE AT 50 PERCENT DESIGN REVIEW IN THE MIDDLE OF JULY AND 95 PERCENT DESIGN REVIEW IN THE MIDDLE OF SEPTEMBER.

VLK HAS DONE AN OUTSTANDING JOB OF HEARING OUR REQUEST AND INCORPORATING THEM IN THIS DESIGN THAT YOU'RE ABOUT TO SEE.

SO WITH THAT, I'LL TURN IT OVER TO MS. BROWN AND HER TEAM TO REVIEW THIS DESIGN OF THE CROWLEY ISD SPORTS COMPLEX.

THANK YOU, MR REES.

THANK YOU. MS. HALL. MEMBERS OF THE BOARD.

DR. MCFARLAND, THANK YOU FOR THIS OPPORTUNITY TO PRESENT THE DESIGN UPDATE FOR THE CROWLEY INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT SPORTS COMPLEX.

ALONG WITH ME IS THE PROJECT DESIGNER SO WE CAN GO THROUGH THE SLIDE. I JUST WANT TO TAKE A MOMENT TO GO THROUGH THE ACKNOWLEDGMENTS, VLK ARCHITECTS WOULD LIKE TO THANK CROWLEY ISD FOR ALLOWING US TO CONTINUE OUR VALUE PARTNERSHIP WITH THIS FACILITY.

THIS NEW STADIUM COMPLEX WILL BE ONE OF THE THREE PLANNED FACILITIES ON THE RISING YEAR TRACK. AND THIS SPORTS COMPLEX WILL ALSO EMPHASIZE THE ESTABLISHED TRADITIONS OF CISD AND ADDRESSES THE FACILITY NEEDS OF THE DISTRICT AS WELL.

A PART OF THE DESIGN PROCESS, A GROUP INCLUDING THE COACHES FROM NORTH CROWLEY HIGH SCHOOL AND CROWLEY HIGH SCHOOL COACH LINCOLN.

MR. REEVES. BILLY OWNBY.

THE DESIGN TEAM.

AND STEEL AND FREEMAN.

WE TOURED SEVERAL STADIUM FACILITIES.

THEY'RE LISTED ON THE SCREEN.

AND WE ALSO HAD THE OPPORTUNITY TO ATTEND THIS NCS4 FOR SAFETY CONFERENCE.

THAT COACH LINCOLN ATTENDED AS WELL AS I ATTENDED THAT CONFERENCE AND OTHERS FROM VLK AS WELL. I DON'T HAVE A LIST THERE BECAUSE THE ENTIRE GROUP WAS NOT INCLUDED.

BUT AS YOU CAN SEE, THERE WAS MUCH RESEARCH DONE EARLY IN THE YEAR AND LATE IN TWENTY NINETEEN. WHEN WE INITIATED THE PROJECT, WE SET GOALS.

SO SOME OF THE GOALS THAT WE REVIEWED WITH CROWLEY ARE LISTED HERE.

THE DISTRICT WANTED TO MAKE SURE THAT THE STADIUM PROJECT IDENTIFIED CROWLEY ISD AND VISIBILITY FROM I-35 AS WELL.

THE ABILITY TO LEASE THE STADIUM FOR UIL EVENTS.

AND I WOULD EVEN SAY NATIONAL EVENTS AS WELL.

SAFETY AND SECURITY IS ALWAYS ON TOP OF MIND WHEN DESIGNING PROJECTS, AND IT'S VERY, VERY IMPORTANT TO CROWLEY ISD AND KEEPING SPECTATORS ENGAGED WITH THE ACTIVITY ON THE FIELD WHILE SEATED AND ALSO AROUND THE CONCESSION AREAS AND MAKING SURE THERE IS GOOD VEHICULAR

[00:10:05]

CIRCULATION AROUND THE SITE.

THE NEXT SLIDE SHOWS THE MASTER PLAN FOR THE AND THIS SHOWS THE FUTURE HIGH SCHOOL AND THE STADIUM AND THE RIGHT HAND CORNER OF THE SITE. ONE OF THE LANDMARKS THAT YOU WOULD RECOGNIZE IS THE DAVID L.

WALKER ELEMENTARY SCHOOL, WHICH WOULD BE ACROSS THE STREET FROM THE NEW STADIUM.

AND IN THE CORNER IS THE PROPOSED LOCATION OF THE FUTURE ADMINISTRATION BUILDING.

WITH THE CIRCULATION ON THE SITE, IT'S IMPORTANT TO LOOK AT THE ENTIRE MASTER PLAN TO KNOW HOW MANY FUTURE CONNECTIONS TO WRITE IN YOUR ROAD WOULD BE ADDRESSED IN REGARD TO THE FUTURE HIGH SCHOOL NINTH GRADE CENTER.

I'M GOING TO TURN IT OVER TO HELLO, EVERYONE. CAN YOU HEAR ME OKAY? SO WE'RE GOING TO MUTE HERE, BECAUSE WE'RE IN THE SAME ROOM.

THERE'S AN ECHO.

I'M SWITCHING COMPUTERS.

ALL RIGHT. SO WHAT WE'RE SEEING HERE, IT'S ONE OF THOSE SO MANY ALTERNATIONS THAT WE WORK TOGETHER WITH THE DISTRICT.

PRIORITY FOR THE DISTRICT WAS SAFETY.

SO THE LAYOUT THAT YOU SEE HERE, IT'S OPTIMIZED TO GIVE THE THE VISITORS, THE HOME TEAM THE SAFEST POSSIBLE WAY TO PARK INTO FINDABILITY.

THE BUILDING WAS POSITION ON THE SOUTH EAST CORNER OF THE ENTIRE PROPERTY, ALSO TO KIND OF MAKE SURE THAT THE ATHLETIC OFFICE BEING A SPACE THAT IS USED ALWAYS DURING THE DAY TO HAVE THE BEST LOCATION. SO LET'S GO TO THE NEXT SLIDE.

RIGHT. THIS ONE, IT'S LIKE A ZOOM IN ON THE STADIUM.

THE OVERALL GOAL THAT WE'RE PURSUING IS TO MAKE THIS FACILITY AS AS ENJOYABLE AS POSSIBLE.

CONNECTING WITH THE COMMUNITY IS THE FIRST.

I MEAN, THIS TYPE OF FACILITY, THEY BRING US AS CLOSE AS POSSIBLE TO THE COMMUNITY.

WE COME TO ENJOY GAMES WITH OUR FAMILIES.

SO WE WANTED TO KIND OF PAY SPECIAL ATTENTION TO HOW THIS VENUE WAS GOING TO BE PERCEPTIVE AND ENJOYED.

LET'S GO TO THE NEXT SLIDE, PLEASE.

WHAT YOU ARE SEEING HERE IS THE UPPER LEVELS OF THE PRESS BOX.

WE PAID SPECIAL ATTENTION HERE TOGETHER WITH THE DISTRICT AND WITH COACHES TO KIND OF DESIGN THEM APPROPRIATELY.

NATURAL LIGHT IS SOMETHING THAT WE WANTED TO KIND OF MAKE SURE WE'RE GOING TO HAVE VIP VISITORS HERE. COACHES AND SO MANY OTHER IMPORTANT PEOPLE.

SO WE WANTED TO MAKE SURE THAT THIS ONE.

IT'S DESIGNED PROPERLY.

WE HAVE TWO LOUNGES IN EACH LEVEL AT THE LOCATION OF THE RESTROOMS AND THE STAIRS IS DESIGNED TO KIND OF IS SIMPLIFY THE MOVEMENT OR CIRCULATION, WHAT WE CALL.

WHAT WE HAVE DONE HERE, THAT IS ALSO SOMETHING THAT IS BECOMING A STANDARD.

BUT BACK IN THE DAY, USED TO BE RARE.

WE HAVE TWO ELEVATORS.

WE DECIDED THAT THIS DISTRICT DECIDED TO GO ON AND OPT FOR THIS ONE HERE, ALSO TO HAVE A BACKUP, BUT ALSO TO KIND OF HAVE A CLEAN SEPARATION IN A CLEAN CIRCULATION SITE SPECIFIC.

ANTHONY, CAN YOU GO, PLEASE? THE NEXT IMAGE. OK, FIELDHOUSE, OF COURSE, IS GOING TO HAVE ON THE LOWER LEVEL IS GOING TO HAVE THE LOCKERS. WE SPEND INTENSIVE TIME WITH THE COACHES TO MAKE SURE THAT WE'RE DESIGNING BASED ON THEIR NEEDS.

ALSO, BY TOURING A LOT OF FACILITIES, WE LEARNED A LOT, WHAT, AND HOW TO IMPROVE THIS FACILITY. I'M NOT GOING TO GO INTO DETAIL.

LET'S GO TO THE NEXT SLIDE.

THE UPPER PORTION OF THE FIELDHOUSE HAS TWO IMPORTANT COMPONENTS.

THE ATHLETIC OFFICE THAT IS USED EVERY DAY.

THAT'S WHY WE ARE LOCATING THE FIELD DIVES AT THE INTERSECTION, SO IT'S HIGHLY VISIBLE.

ALSO, THE COMMUNITY ROOM, THE COMMUNITY ROOM IS USED MOSTLY DURING THE EVENTS.

WE LOCATED THAT ON THE UPPER PART TO KIND OF GIVE THE BEST VIEW THAT YOU CAN ON THE FIELD. BUT ALSO WHAT YOU SEE ON THE NORTH PARK THERE.

WE HAVE A BALCONY. YOU CAN EASY TO KIND OF GET OUT ON THE BALCONY AND ACTUALLY WALK YOUR SELF ON THE VISITOR SITE OR ON THE HOME TEAM SIDE.

OF COURSE, WE'RE HOPING THE DISTRICT TO KIND OF MANAGE THIS AREA.

SO IT'S GOING TO BE GATED.

BUT THE CIRCULATION OF THE ENTIRE STADIUM, IT'S OPTIMIZED, SOMETHING UNIQUE, ACTUALLY, THE CROWLEY DISTRICT ANTHONY, CAN YOU PLEASE GO TO THE NEXT VIEW.

SO PICTURE YOURSELF, YOU'RE FLYING A DRONE AND THE DRONE IS LOCATED ON THE SOUTHWEST

[00:15:06]

PORTION OF A PROPERTY.

FOCAL POINT IS THE HOME TEAM SIDE.

WHAT WE WERE KIND OF TRYING TO KIND OF ACHIEVE IS WE WERE KIND OF TOURING SO MANY FACILITIES AND LISTENING TO THE COACHES IN THE DISTRICT.

A HIGH IMPORTANCE WAS GIVEN TO THE OVERALL FEEL.

LANDSCAPE IS SOMETHING THAT EVERYBODY PERCEPTS WELL.

SO WE WERE TRYING TO KIND OF, YOU KNOW, INTRODUCE THAT IN KIND OF IN A WAY TO CONTROL THE HEAT ISLAND EFFECT THAT YOU HAVE WITH A LARGE PARKING AREAS THAT YOU NEED IN THESE FACILITIES, BUT ALSO KIND OF BREAK THE OVERALL PROPORTIONS OF THE BUILDINGS.

THESE BUILDINGS, USUALLY THEY ARE VERY TALL.

AND, OF COURSE, THE NATURAL OF MATERIALS, YOU HAVE TO HAVE KIND OF SOLID SURFACES.

THEY ARE CONCRETE, GLASS.

SO WE'RE TRYING TO KIND OF REDUCE THAT OVERALL HEIGHT, MAKE IT EASY TO ORIENT YOURSELF AS YOUR PARKING HERE BECAUSE THE ENTRY IS HIGHLY VISIBLE? WHEREVER YOU PARK ON THE HOME TEAM, FOR EXAMPLE, YOU CANNOT MS. WHERE THE ENTRANCE IS.

IT'S EASILY IDENTIFIABLE.

CAN YOU PLEASE GO TO THE NEXT SLIDE? THIS ONE IS A GROUND VIEW.

THIS IS WHAT I WAS TRYING TO KIND OF EMPHASIZE THERE.

YOU CAN EASILY SEE WHERE IT IS.

WHAT WE'RE TRYING TO DO THERE.

WE WERE TRYING TO KIND OF AWESOME HELP THE DISTRICT THE WAY THAT THEY MANAGE THE TRAFFIC AFTER HOURS. WHEN THIS FACILITY, FOR EXAMPLE, AFTER AN EVENT BY LOCATING THE ENTRY POINT, ELEVATING IT, WE'RE TRYING TO KIND OF GIVE THE DISTRICT ALSO A BOWL EFFECT.

BOWL EFFECT IS LIKE WHEN YOU ARE SUBMERGING A PORTION OF THE STADIUM.

THIS ONE BRINGS YOU AT THE COLLEGE LEVEL TYPE OF FACILITIES.

SO WE'RE ABLE TO KIND OF SMARTLY ADDRESS THAT.

THE SITE WASN'T IDEAL BECAUSE OF THE LEVEL OF UNDERGROUND WATER.

SO WE WERE KIND OF TRYING TO KIND OF BALANCE, OF COURSE, THE FINANCE, BUT ALSO TO REACH THE STEADY GOAL THAT THE DISTRICT GAVE US.

CAN YOU PLEASE GO TO THE NEXT SLIDE? HERE IS A COMPARISON.

LIKE YOU SEE THEE, OPTION 3B OPTION 3C, WE SHOW THE DISTRICT A LOT OF OPTIONS AND WE WORK TOGETHER WITH YOU GUYS TO KIND OF SELECT THE MOST PREFERRED ONE.

THIS ONE WAS THE ONE THAT WAS KIND OF SELECTED.

WE PLAYED A LITTLE IT FINISHES, FOR EXAMPLE, ON THE LEFT, YOU SEE A DIFFERENT COLOR ON THE PRESS BOX TOWER. I MEAN, WE WE KIND OF SELECTED LET'S SAY, THAT OPTION THREE C WAS SELECTED FROM YOU GUYS.

THAT WARM PALETTE WAS THE ONE THAT ACTUALLY PUT THIS ONE APART.

BUT HERE IS A GOOD CAMERA ANGLE TO KIND OF SEE THAT THE LANDSCAPE USE.

I MEAN, YOU CAN SEE THAT THE BUILDING IS KIND OF ELEVATED.

YOU HAVE THIS KIND OF GREENBELT THAT SOFTENS THAT APPROACH.

AND THEN SOMETHING THAT IT'S UNIQUE ON THIS ONE HERE, WE'RE TRYING TO PAY SPECIAL ATTENTION TO THE WHEELCHAIR CIRCULATION.

SO TYPICALLY, YOU HAVE TO HAVE CERTAIN CONDITIONS FOR RAMPS.

WHAT WE DID, WE KIND OF SAW FROM THAT THE RAMP HEIGHT.

SO NOW TECHNICALLY HERE, THEY'RE CLASSIFIED AS SIDEWALKS.

THEY ARE MUCH EASIER TO TRAVEL.

AND ALSO, YOU KNOW, WE SAVE THE DISTRICT ALSO FROM THE MAINTENANCE SIDE.

YOU HAVE TO HAVE RAILINGS.

YOU HAVE TO PAINT THEM. YOU HAVE TO MAINTAIN THEM.

SO WE REDUCE THE SLOPE AND WE IMPROVED, WE THINK THE OVERALL EFFECT OF AN EXPERIENCE YOU HAVE. WHAT YOU SEE HERE ON THIS NIGHT SHOT HERE, THOSE GREY AREAS ON THE BOTTOM PORTION OF THE BUILDING, THEY ARE PLACE HOLDER ELEMENTS.

WHAT WE'RE THINKING TO WORK WITH THE DISTRICT, THEY'RE GOING TO BE PERFORATED IMAGES.

WE'RE CALLING THAT ALMOST LIKE A HISTORY WALL.

SO WE WANT TO KIND OF TOGETHER WITH YOU, WORK, AND SELECT WHAT WE WANT TO KIND OF HIGHLIGHT. WHAT WE WANT OUR STUDENTS TO KIND OF SEE IN A WAY.

COULD BE IMAGES OF IMPORTANT PEOPLE OF CROWLEY THAT HELPED TO BRING THIS DISTRICT TO WHERE IT IS NOW.

JUST SAYING, IT COULD HISTORY, COULD BE SOMETHING.

SO DO YOU MIND GOING BACK? I FORGOTTEN ONE IMPORTANT ELEMENTS.

THE HIGH VISIBILITY FROM HIGHWAY THIRTY FIVE.

WE THOUGHT TO ACHIEVED THAT USING THE LED LIGHTS.

TOGETHER, WE'RE WORKING WITH THE CITY TO KIND OF CONTROL THE INTENSITY OF THOSE LIGHTS.

BUT THE SHAFT LIGHT THAT YOU HAVE, THE BEACON EFFECT, IT'S SOMETHING THAT WE HOPE THAT WE CAN CONTROL THE RGB COLOR ON THAT ONE BASED ON THE TEAM THAT IS PLAYING THAT DAY.

AND WE CAN KIND OF HIGHLIGHT THE VICTORY FOR, SAY, WITH A CHANGE IN THE COLOR.

THE NEXT ONE.

THIS ONE IS THE FIELD HOUSE ENTRY.

SO WE SPEND A LOT OF TIME HERE, TOO, OF COURSE, MANAGING COST, BUT ALSO MAKE SURE THAT THIS STEADY WAS AT THE LEVEL THAT THE DISTRICT WANTED TO KIND OF HAVE THIS ONE.

IT'S A FACILITY THAT IS GOING TO BE USED EVERY DAY.

OF COURSE, AFTER HOURS BECAUSE THE COMMUNITY ROOM IS THERE.

BUT WE WANTED TO KIND OF MAKE THIS ONE STATEMENT AS HOW CONNECTED THE DISTRICT IS WITH THE COMMUNITY. SO HERE'S THE ENTRY OF THE VESTIBULE.

[00:20:02]

WE'VE OPTED TO KIND OF HAVE THIS LCD SCREEN THAT IS KIND OF HIGHLIGHTING ALL THE ATHLETIC ACHIEVEMENTS OF THE STUDENTS.

BUT WE WANTED TO KIND OF SMARTLY MANAGE THE DESIGN OF THIS PORTION.

WE WANTED TO BE CAREFUL WITH THE FINISHES THAT WE WERE USING.

SOMETHING A LONG TERM VISION WAS LIKE MAKING SURE THAT THIS ONE WASN'T GOING TO DATE WAS WHAT WAS DRIVING THE DESIGN IN THE DISTRICT, WAS PAYING SPECIAL ATTENTION TO KIND OF MAKE SURE TO SELECT WHAT WE'RE SHOWING HERE.

LET'S GO TO THE NEXT VIEW, PLEASE. THIS ONE, IT'S THE SAME LOBBY.

THE LOWER PORTION OF THIS LOBBY WHERE THE LOCKERS ARE.

BUT THIS ONE IS STARTING TO GIVE YOU A VIEW OF THE COMMUNITY THAT IS POSITIONED ON THE UPPER LEVEL. LET'S GO TO THE NEXT VIEW.

IN HERE IS LIKE, IF YOU ARE ON THAT UPPER LEVEL NOW, THEY ARE TURNING BACK.

YOU CAN SEE HOW CONNECTED THIS ONE IS WITH THE COMMUNITY.

THAT'S THE INTERSECTION BEHIND THE BUSSES THERE.

SO IT'S GOING TO BE HIGHLY VISIBLE FROM THAT INTERSECTION.

LET'S GET TO THE NEXT ONE. THOSE ARE SOME KIND OF PRELIMINARY DESIGN OF THE LOUNGE AREA.

THE PRESS BOX. WE'RE SHOWING THEM BLACK AND WHITE BECAUSE WE'RE WORKING WITH THE DISTRICT TO KIND OF SELECT THE RIGHT FINISHES.

THIS ONE, IT'S A VIEW THAT YOU HAVE FROM THE PRESS BOX SEEING DOWN THE STADIUM HERE, SO YOU CAN SEE THAT ALSO THE VISITOR TEAM IS TREATED THE SAME WAY.

YOU CAN SEE HERE THAT CONCOURSE THAT CONNECTS ON THE RIGHT.

THERE IS THE FIELD HOUSE, THE COMMUNITY ROOM.

BUT YOU SEE THAT CONTINUOUS BALCONY.

WE'RE TRYING TO KIND OF GIVE THAT THE FEEL OF AN ARENA WITHOUT INVESTING FOR AN ARENA.

SO. LET'S GET TO THE NEXT ONE.

AND IF YOU'RE A PLAYER.

THAT'S A VIEW THAT YOU SEE AS YOU'RE LOOKING AT THE STADIUM.

YOU CAN SEE THE CONCOURSE THERE, THE SEPARATION.

THE OPENING THERE IN THE MIDDLE IS THE ENTRY OF THE HOME TEAM.

THE DISTRICT OPTED TO KIND OF HAVE THE THE VIP SEATING UP ABOVE.

IT HELPS A LOT. IN CASE THE LET'S SAY THE TICKETS ARE NOT SOLD, YOU HAVE THE REST OF THE COMMUNITY THERE GETTING THE BEST SEATS.

AND THEN THE COMMUNITY ROOM WAS LEFT THERE.

WE'RE OPEN FOR QUESTIONS. I'M SORRY THAT I WAS RUSHING BECAUSE I WAS TRYING TO GET A LITTLE MORE TIME WITH THE QUESTIONS.

RIGHT, THANK YOU GOING THROUGH MR REEVES TOUCHED ON THIS, BUT WE ARE IN CONSTRUCTION DOCUMENT DEVELOPMENT AND WILL BE IN THIS PHASE THROUGH OCTOBER.

AND THE ANTICIPATED BOARD APPROVAL WE HAVE TWO GMP IS GOING TO THE BOARD.

ONE WOULD BE FOR THE EARTHWORK PACKAGE AND THEN NEXT THE BUILDING PACKAGE.

AND THIS IS TO WORK WITH THE CITY OF FORT WORTH REQUIREMENTS FOR PLATTING.

THE PHASED CONSTRUCTION START WOULD BE IN OCTOBER WITH A COMPLETION OF SUMMER 2022.

THANK YOU SO MUCH. ARE THERE ANY QUESTIONS? YEAH. DO WE HAVE ANY QUESTIONS FOR MR REEVES OR MS. BROWN? NO QUESTIONS FROM THE BOARD.

ANY COMMENTS? YEAH, I WOULD JUST SAY THAT'S AN AMAZING LOOKING STADIUM, I THINK IT WOULD BE A FANTASTIC THING FOR US TO HAVE AS KIND OF SHOWPIECE FOR THE DISTRICT.

THIS IS FOR MCFARLAND, I GUESS.

I DON'T KNOW. I JUST IT DOESN'T MATTER.

THAT'S A DIFFERENT STORY? I DON'T KNOW. SO IF YOU MEAN LIKE, HOW DO WE DECIDE WHICH SCHOOL USES IT ON WHICH DAY? YEAH. YEAH. WHAT WE DO, WE WOULD SIT DOWN AND KIND OF CREATE A SCHEDULE.

ONCE THEY CREATE THEIR THEIR FOOTBALL SCHEDULE.

THEN THEY CAN OFTENTIMES WHEN THEY CREATE THE SCHEDULE THEY CAN PUT WHAT YEAR THEY'RE HOME, WHAT YEAR THEY'RE WAY.

AND SO AS WE MAP OUT SCHEDULES AND THE ATHLETIC DIRECTOR WORKING WITH OTHER ATHLETIC DIRECTORS WOULD KIND OF ORGANIZE THAT COORDINATE THAT.

OK. I LIKE THE LED LIGHTS.

YEAH, THAT WAS REALLY COOL.

YES. I AGREE WITH MS. DAVIS AND MR. RAY.

I THINK IT'S A PHENOMENAL FACILITY.

I GUESS MY ONLY QUESTION AND I THINK IT'S KIND OF A BACKWARDS QUESTION, BUT I HOPE YOU UNDERSTAND THE INTENT.

IS THERE ANYTHING THAT WE LIKE DON'T HAVE? WAS THERE ANYTHING THAT WAS A LIMITATION THAT WE WERE UNABLE TO ACQUIRE DUE TO BUDGETING OR JUST THE GROUNDS AREA OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT? I DON'T A LOT ABOUT SPORTS STADIUMS, SO IT LOOKS REALLY AWESOME TO ME.

BUT IS THERE ANYTHING THAT WE DON'T HAVE THAT'S AWESOME THAT'S OUT THERE THAT OUR COMPETITORS MIGHT HAVE.

SO YOU KNOW, ONE OF THE THINGS IS WHEN YOU SEE A FOOTBALL STADIUM BUILT, OFTENTIMES WE HAVE A TRACK WITH IT. AND WHAT WE DECIDED IS THAT WE WOULD NOT PUT A TRACK WITH THIS

[00:25:03]

STADIUM JUST BECAUSE BUDGET--WELL, THE NUMBER ONE REASON IS BUDGET CONSTRAINTS FOR SURE.

BUT THAT WOULD BE SOMETHING THAT WHEN YOU LOOK AT A STADIUM, YOU WOULD SOMETIMES SEE A TRACK WITH THAT STADIUM.

SO WE DON'T HAVE THAT IN THIS.

I'M SAD.

TRACK'S A BIG DEAL.

OH, YES, IT IS.

BUT HOW BIG OF A DEAL IS IT? LIKE I MEAN, I KNOW A BIG DEAL IN MY HEART.

BUT HOW BIG OF A DEAL IS IT IN MY PURSE? HOW MUCH DID THE TRACK, LIKE, SUBTRACT FROM THE TOTAL BY NOT HAVING THE TRACK? BECAUSE I THINK ABOUT--WELL, I MEAN, YOU KNOW WHAT I THINK ABOUT THAT.

SO, HOW MUCH WAS THAT, THAT WE HAD TO NOT HAVE EXPENSED? IT WAS A SIGNIFICANT AMOUNT.

I DON'T HAVE THAT EXACT NUMBER.

BUT I DO KNOW THAT THE TRACKS IN BOTH CAMPS AS WE HAVE JUST COMPLETED THOSE AND BASICALLY THE TRACK MEETS THAT WE HOST WE'RE ABLE TO HOST THOSE THAT THOSE CAMPUSES WITHOUT MUCH PROBLEMS AT ALL. SO BUT I DON'T HAVE THE EXACT NUMBER, BUT I CAN GET THAT NUMBER TO.

ARE THERE ANY OTHER QUESTIONS OR COMMENT? I STILL THINK IT'S FABULOUS.

ARE THERE ANY OTHER QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS FROM BOARD? THERE'S NO OTHER QUESTIONS.

THANK YOU, MR REES.

THANK YOU, MISS BROWN. AND I DON'T KNOW YOUR LAST NAME, SIR.

WHAT WAS YOUR LAST NAME? I WANT TO THANK YOU AS WELL.

AND THIS WE I BELIEVE, MR. KIRCHNER, WE DID NOT HAVE ANY PARTICIPANTS FOR OPEN FORUM TONIGHT.

THAT IS CORRECT. OK, GREAT.

ALL RIGHT. IF WE DON'T HAVE AN OPEN FORUM THAT WOULD MOVE US TO OUR CONSENT AGENDA ITEMS,

[6.0 Consent Agenda*]

WE ARE GOING TO REMOVE ITEM SIX POINT SIX ARMORED COURIER SERVICES FROM THE AGENDA.

ARE THERE ANY OTHER ITEMS THAT A BOARD MEMBER MAY WANT TO DISCUSS OR REMOVE FROM THE AGENDA AT THIS TIME? ALL RIGHT.

IF THERE ARE NO COMMENTS OR QUESTIONS, DO WE HAVE A MOTION? I MOVE THAT WE APPROVE THE CONSENT AGENDA ITEMS WITH THE EXCEPTION OF SIX POINT SIX BEING REMOVED AS PRESENTED.

ALL RIGHT. WE HAVE A MOTION FROM DR.

MAYFIELD. IS THERE A SECOND? I'LL SECOND.

WE HAVE A SECOND FROM MS. ROBINSON.

MOVE TO VOTE, PLEASE.

ALL RIGHT. SO THE MOTION PASSES UNANIMOUSLY.

THIS WILL MOVE US TO OUR CONSIDERATION AND POSSIBLE ACTION ITEMS.

[7.0 Consideration and Possible Action Item(s):]

AGENDA ITEM SEVEN POINT ONE, ADOPTION OF THE TWENTY, TWENTY, TWENTY, TWENTY ONE BUDGET.

DR. MCFARLAND.

MADAM PRESIDENT AND BOARD MEMBERS ARE MS. STACEY ADRIAN WILL ADDRESS THIS ITEM.

MS. ADRIAN. THANK YOU, DR.

MCFARLAND, MS. HALL AND MEMBERS OF THE BOARD.

TONIGHT, WE HAVE TO APPROVE OUR BUDGETS FOR THE GENERAL FUND OF FOOD SERVICE FUND, AS WELL AS THE DEBT SERVICE FUND.

I HAVE AN ATTACHMENT IN--ANTHONY, CAN YOU OPEN UP? THE PROPOSED BUDGETS ARE SHOWING, AGAIN, LIKE I DISCUSSED EARLIER, ONE HUNDRED AND SIXTY THREE POINT THREE MILLION DOLLARS WORTH OF EXPENDITURES.

YOU CAN SEE THE BREAKDOWN BY FUNCTION.

AND THEN DOWN FURTHER.

THEY'RE BROKEN DOWN JUST BY OBJECT CODE SHOWING YOU THAT OUT OF ONE HUNDRED AND SIXTY THREE, WE HAVE ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY THREE MILLION.

THAT'S JUST IN PAYROLL. AND THEN IF YOU'LL SCROLL BACK UP TO THE TOP, THIS IS GIVING US, LIKE I SAID, A CHANGE TO OUR FUND BALANCE OF SEVEN POINT TWO MILLION DOLLARS AT THE MOMENT. BUT GIVEN THAT IF WE APPROVE IT THIS WAY, THEN WE ARE APPROVING A BALANCED BUDGET. THAT'S THE GENERAL FUND.

AND ON THE NEXT PAGE, WE HAVE THE CHILD NUTRITION FUND AS WELL AS THE DEBT SERVICE FUND.

AGAIN. EXPENDITURES FOR CHILD NUTRITION OF TEN POINT NINE MILLION, NINE POINT TWO EXPENDITURES GIVING US AN INCREASE OF FUND BALANCE OF ONE POINT SIX MILLION DOLLARS, WHICH WAS WHAT THEY GUARANTEED US.

AND THEN THE DEBT SERVICE BUDGET IS BELOW WITH A TOTAL OF THIRTY NINE POINT SEVEN MILLION

[00:30:06]

DOLLARS FOR REVENUE.

THIRTY ONE POINT NINE OF EXPENDITURES INCREASING OUR FUND BALANCE OF SEVEN POINT EIGHT MILLION DOLLARS FOR THE DEBT SERVICE FUND.

DO YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS I'LL BE HAPPY TO ANSWER THEM.

ARE THERE ANY QUESTIONS, COMMENTS, FROM THE BOARD9? I DO HAVE A COMMENT.

SO I JUST WANT TO ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE FIRST ALL THANKS TO THE BOARD HELPING US TO PUT THIS TOGETHER, BUT I ALSO WANT TO ACKNOWLEDGE THE FACT THAT DUE TO WHAT WE RECOGNIZE WILL BE INCREASED MEDICAL NEEDS ON OUR CAMPUSES, WE HAVE INCLUDED WITHIN THIS BUDGET FUNDING TO BE ABLE TO ENSURE THAT WE HAVE AT LEAST ONE LICENSE, A MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL ON EVERY CAMPUS. AND SO THE ADJUSTED AMOUNT, WHICH IS A LITTLE HIGHER THAN IT WAS LAST WEEK, WAS A RESULT OF US ADDING IN OPTION TWO FOR THE MEDICAL HEALTH SERVICES INCREASE.

THANK YOU, DOCTOR MCFARLAND. THANK YOU.

ANY QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS? IS ANYONE? I'D JUST LIKE TO SAY--CAN YOU HEAR ME? YES, MA'AM. OK.

I'M JUST LEAVING IT UNMUTED.

YOU DID. I JUST WANT TO SAY THANK YOU FOR ADDING THE LICENSE PROFESSIONAL ON EACH CAMPUS.

I THINK IT'S CERTAINLY SOMETHING WE'RE GOING TO NEED WITH THE COMING YEARS.

SO THANK YOU FOR.

THANK YOU, MISS DAVIS.

DR. MCFARLAND, IF I'M NOT HAVING A SENIOR MOMENT, COULD YOU MAYBE REPEAT THE INTENTION WITH REGARDS TO REVIEWING A POSSIBLE SALARY INCREASE? IN THE ABSENCE OF IT BEING NOT IN THIS BUDGET AT THIS TIME.

SURE. SURE. YES.

OUR PLANS ARE TO REVISIT COMPENSATION ALL TOGETHER LATE AUGUST AT THE AUGUST BOARD MEETING OR EARLY SEPTEMBER.

AND AGAIN, THE RATIONALE REALLY IS RIGHT NOW, THERE ARE SO MANY CHANGING VARIABLES AND IMPLICATIONS THAT WE KNOW THAT COVID-19 MAY HAVE ON A.D.A AND OTHER EXPENSES MAY BE INCURRED AS A RESULT OF US PREPARING FOR COVID-19 IMPLEMENTATION.

AND SO WHAT WE FELT LIKE IS IT WOULD BE PRUDENT FOR US TO GO IN AND APPROVE THE BUDGET TONIGHT AND THEN COME BACK IN AUGUST OR SEPTEMBER AND MAKE AN AMENDMENT TO THE BUDGET IF AT THAT POINT IN TIME WE FELT LIKE WE COULD ACTUALLY CONTRIBUTE COMPENSATION TO OUR TEACHERS. AND SO THAT IS STILL ON THE TABLE.

OUR PLAN IT WOULD BE TO REVIEW THAT AND TO BE ABLE TO MAKE SOME KIND OF RECOMMENDATION IN AUGUST OR EARLY MAY, EXCUSE ME, EARLY SEPTEMBER.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHARING THAT EXPLANATION.

I THINK IT'S IMPORTANT THAT OUR FAMILY TEAM KNOW THAT WE ARE CONSIDERING A POSSIBLE INCREASE. IF IT'S FEASIBLE AND THAT IT WASN'T JUST, YOU KNOW, NOT THOUGHT OF OR CONSIDERED. SO THANK YOU FOR THAT EXPLANATION.

ALL RIGHT. ALL RIGHT.

ARE THERE ANY OTHER QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS? IF NOT, THIS IS AN ACTION ITEM OR POSSIBLE ACTION ITEM.

IS THERE A MOTION? CAN WE PUT THE LANGUAGE BACK UP? EXCUSE ME. THANK YOU.

OK. I'LL MAKE THE MOTION.

I RECOMMEND APPROVAL OF THE TWENTY TWENTY, TWENTY TWENTY ONE GENERAL OPERATING FUND BUDGET, AS WELL AS THE TWENTY, TWENTY, TWENTY, TWENTY ONE FOOD SERVICE AND DEBT SERVICE BUDGET AS PRESENTED. ALL RIGHT.

WE HAVE A MOTION FROM MS. ROBINSON. IS THERE A SECOND? I'LL SECOND. WE HAVE A SECOND FOR MR. GRASSIA. MOVE TO VOTE.

THE MOTION PASSES UNANIMOUSLY.

WE HAVE ADOPTED A BUDGET.

THANK YOU. THANK YOU, MISS ADRIAN, FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK.

ALL RIGHT. THIS MOVES US TO AGENDA ITEM SEVEN POINT TWO, TEXAS ASSOCIATION OF SCHOOL BOARDS. BOARD POSITION REGIONAL ELEVEN, POSITION SEAT C CALL FOR NOMINATIONS.

DR. MCFARLAND, DID YOU HAVE ANY COMMENTS ON THIS?

[00:35:04]

YEAH. SO MADAM PRESIDENT, BOARD MEMBERS, MR. KIRCHNER IS PREPARED TO LEAD US THROUGH THE DISCUSSION OF THIS ITEM.

THANK YOU, DR. MCFARLAND MS. HALL AND MEMBERS OF THE BOARD.

AS WE DISCUSSED LAST MONTH, TEXAS ASSOCIATION SCHOOL BOARD HAS REACHED OUT TO US REGARDING A NEW SEAT ON THEIR BOARD.

REGION 11 POSITION C AND ASK FOR A CALL FOR NOMINATIONS.

SO THIS WILL BE AN OPPORTUNITY FOR ANY OF OUR TRUSTEES TO BE NOMINATED FOR THIS BOARD.

THEY'RE IN YOUR EXHIBIT.

I'LL ADVANCE TO THAT NEXT ITEM.

YOU'LL SEE THE PACKET THAT GOES ALONG WITH IT.

A BIOGRAPHICAL SKETCH REQUIRED A CANDIDATE QUESTIONNAIRE AND SOME OTHER INSTRUCTIONS ABOUT HOW THIS NOMINATION PROCESS WOULD WORK.

THIS IS ALL DUE TO TASB ON OR BEFORE JUNE 30TH.

SO IF THE BOARD WOULD LIKE TO TAKE ANY ACTION, WE WOULD NEED TO DO SO TONIGHT FOR THIS POSITION. ARE THERE ANY QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS FROM THE BOARD? AND MR--SORRY.

NO, GO ON. OK.

WELL, MR. RAY HAD EXPRESSED INTEREST IN THE POSITION, AND IF THERE IS NO OTHER BOARD MEMBERS THAT HAVE AN INTEREST, I THINK THAT HE WOULD BE A FINE CANDIDATE TO REPRESENT CROWLEY ISD FOR THE OPPORTUNITY. SO, I'D NOMINATE MR. RAY FOR THE OPPORTUNITY.

ARE THERE ANY OTHER NOMINATIONS? MR GRASSIA, DID YOU HAVE ANYONE TO SAY? I JUST SAID I'LL SECOND IT.

DR.

MAYFIELD THAT YOU HAVE ANY COMMENTARY.

NO, I SAW THE LANGUAGE THERE.

I DIDN'T KNOW IF WE HAD TO READ THAT.

MR KIRCHNER, IS THIS AN ACTUAL ACTION ITEM OR DO WE HAVE TO VOTE ON THIS? I BELIEVE THE I BELIEVE ALL THE BOARD'LL NEED TO DO IS IF THERE'S CONSENSUS FOR THIS NOMINATION FOR MR. RAY IS JUST TO HAVE SOMEONE READ THAT STATEMENT DOWN THERE AS A RECOMMENDATION AND THEN WE'LL HAVE MS. MONTALVO, MR. RAY WORK TOGETHER TO TO GET THIS ALL THIS CONTENT SUBMITTED BY THE JUNE 30 DEADLINE. OK.

SO I WOULD LIKE TO OPEN THE FORMER FOR MOTION, IS THERE IS THERE A RECOMMENDATION? IF WE READ IT AS IT IS, THEN I NOMINATE MR. RYAN RAY, A MEMBER OF THE CROWLEY BOARD OF TRUSTEES, TO FILL A POSITION ON THE TASB BOARD OF DIRECTORS.

THIS NOMINATION.

IS THERE A SECOND? I'LL SECOND. ALL RIGHT.

CAN WE MEAN TO VOTE--A ROLL CALL VOTE? MR KIRCHNER? ABSOLUTELY.

ALL RIGHT. SO THIS NOMINATION WAS APPROVED BY THE CROWLEY ISD BOARD OF TRUSTEES AS A DULY CALLED MEETING ON THURSDAY, JUNE 25TH, 2020.

SO, CONGRATULATION.

MR. RAY. THANK YOU.

AND APPARENTLY THERE ARE, I THINK, THREE OR FOUR OTHERS SO FAR OUT THERE.

SO IT'LL BE, I'LL HAVE TO GO AND PRESENT EVERYTHING TO THE TASB BOARD.

BUT I APPRECIATE IT.

YOU'VE GOT THIS. YOU GRADUATED LAW SCHOOL, SO I KNOW YOU CAN GET ALL THAT INFORMATION I'M SURE YOU GOT THIS IN THE BAG.

ALL RIGHT. THIS NOW MEANS AS TO FUTURE ACTION ITEMS, AGENDA ITEM EIGHT POINT ONE.

[8.0 Future Action Item(s)]

COMMUNITIES IN SCHOOLS, DR.

MCFARLAND.

MADAM PRESIDENT AND BOARD MEMBERS, WE HAVE SEVERAL ITEMS. ACTUALLY, THE NEXT THREE ITEMS ARE ALL FUTURE ACTION ITEMS. WE'LL BE BRINGING THOSE BACK TO YOU IN FUTURE BOARD MEETING TO CONSIDER.

WE HAVE MR SWANN AND MR SWANN WILL ACTUALLY BE ADDRESSING ALL THREE ITEMS. MR SWANN WILL TALK ABOUT THE COMMUNITIES AND SCHOOLS.

[00:40:03]

JJAEP MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING FOR TARRANT COUNTY AND THE JJAEP MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING FOR JOHNSON COUNTY.

MR SWANN.

SO I BELIEVE HIS COMPUTER MAY BE MUTED.

BUT AGAIN, THE COMMUNITIES, THE SCHOOLS, AS YOU ALL KNOW, IS A PROGRAM THAT'S BEEN IN OUR DISTRICT FOR QUITE SOME TIME.

AND WE ARE DEFINITELY EXCITED ABOUT CONTINUING THIS PARTNERSHIP.

AND SO I BELIEVE MR SWANN MAY NOW BE READY TO PRESENT.

MR SWANN. I'M STILL TRYING TO GET USED TO THIS BUT AGAIN, GOOD EVENING, MADAM PRESIDENT.

MEMBERS OF THE BOARD, DR.

MCFARLAND. WE'RE HERE TO DISCUSS JJAEP FOR TARRANT COUNTY AND ALSO THE JJAEP FOR JOHNSON COUNTY, THE FIRST OF WHICH WE BELIEVE THAT IT'S GOING TO BE GOAL NUMBER TWO, IT'S ENGAGING THE COMMUNITY.

WE'VE BEEN WITH THESE GUYS FOR ABOUT ELEVEN YEARS OR SO AND WE'VE ACTUALLY HAD VERY, VERY GOOD SUPPORT FROM THIS PARTICULAR GROUP.

MRS. LINDSAY GARDENER IS ALSO ON THIS CALL HERE JUST IN CASE ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS.

BUT YOU HAVE BEFORE YOU IN YOUR ENCLOSED BUT SEVERAL THINGS THAT WILL BE HELPFUL FOR YOU TO LOOK AT IN THE FUTURE.

THE CROWLEY MOU FROM 2020-21.

THE PREVIOUS YEARS, TWENTY, NINETEEN, TWENTY, TWENTY.

SOME GOOD INFORMATION THAT WILL TALK ABOUT WHAT OUR PRINCIPALS DID IN TERMS OF THEIR SURVEYS, ABOUT THE ACTUAL PROGRAM AND THEN PRELIMINARY OUTCOMES THAT YOU'LL SEE THAT WE HAVE RIGHT NOW. OF COURSE, AT THE END OF THE SUMMER IS WHEN THE STATE NORMALLY PROVIDES US WITH TRUE DATA.

SO THAT THOSE GUYS CAN GO BACK AND MASSAGE IT FROM THE COMMUNITIES IN SCHOOL'S PERSPECTIVE. SO WE'RE VERY PLEASED TO HAVE THESE GUYS AGAIN FOR THE PAST SEVEN YEARS.

WE HAVE 13 YEARS, 13 CAMPUSES, AND WE'RE VERY PROUD OF THIS PARTICULAR GROUP.

UP NEXT, THE JUVENILE JUSTICE ALTERNATE PROGRAM.

MR. SWANN, I DON'T MEAN TO INTERRUPT YOU, BUT DO YOU WANT TO TAKE QUESTIONS AFTER THE PRESENTATION, OR DO YOU WANT TO PRESENT ALL THREE, AND WE CAN WE CAN REFER BACK TO COMMUNITY SCHOOLS OR TARRANT COUNTY OR JOHNSON COUNTY.

I DON'T HAVE A PREFERENCE. I JUST WANTED TO CHECK.

IF IT WOULD BE YOUR PREFERENCE.

IF Y'ALL WANT ME TO STOP AFTER EACH ITEM, I CAN DO THAT.

OR WE CAN GO AND MOVE THROUGH THE WHOLE GROUP AND THEN WE CAN HAVE THOSE AT THAT TIME.

WHAT'S YOUR PREFERENCE? WELL, DUE TO MY ADHD, CAN WE GO AHEAD AND START WITH COMMUNITIES IN SCHOOL? YES, MA'AM. WE SURE MAY.

THE FLOOR IS OPEN TO YOU. ARE THERE ANY QUESTIONS.

THANK YOU, MR SWANN.

ARE THERE ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS REGARDING THE COMMUNITY AND SCHOOL PRESENTATION FROM MR SWANN OR FROM MS. GARDENER? I DO HAVE A COMMENT AND A QUESTION, AND I THINK I KNOW THE ANSWER TO THE QUESTION, BUT THE COMMENT IS I KNOW THIS HAS BEEN A PROGRAM THAT OUR GOAL WAS TO INCREASE THE NUMBER OF CAMPUSES EACH YEAR.

AND I THINK I KNOW THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION THAT THAT MAY NOT BE POSSIBLE THIS YEAR DUE TO THE CONSTRAINTS AND THE UNCERTAINTIES OF THE BUDGET.

IS THAT CORRECT? THAT WOULD BE CORRECT, MA'AM.

HOWEVER, THERE ARE SOME ADDITIONAL INFORMATION THAT I CAN INVITE TO YOU.

REMEMBER, ON SOME OF THE CAMPUSES FOR WHICH WE DO NOT HAVE COMMUNITIES IN SCHOOLS, WE DO HAVE SEL REPRESENTATIVES THERE THAT PROVIDE SUPPORT AND SERVICES TO THOSE STUDENTS.

SO I DIDN'T WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT WE HAVE NOT LEFT ANYBODY OUT.

CAMPUSES FOR WHOM HAD NO ONE AT THE CAMPUSES TO PROVIDE THOSE SUPPORT SYSTEMS. SO HE'S DONE A LOT OF WORK BEHIND THE SCENES WITH SOME OF OUR GREAT FUNDING.

OK. OK, THANK YOU.

YES, MA'AM.

I HAD A QUESTION, IF NO ONE ELSE DOES AT THIS TIME AND THERE MIGHT BE A BIG QUESTION.

SO IT'S NOT A GOTCHA QUESTION.

IT'S JUST REALLY IT'S FROM THE HEART.

SO KNOWING THAT OUR WORLD IS GOING TO BE DIFFERENT, OUR SCHOOL WORLD STUDENTS MAY OR MAY NOT BE FACE TO FACE WITH IT ON A DAILY BASIS.

HAVE WE TALKED WITH OUR PROVIDERS AND COMMUNITIES IN SCHOOLS, FORGIVE ME, BECAUSE YOU'RE JUST FIRST UP ABOUT HOW THEY PLAN TO, I DON'T KNOW, SERVICE STUDENTS WHO WE MAY NOT BE SEEING ON A DAILY BASIS.

IS THAT ARE TOO BIG OF A QUESTION? THAT IS A LEGITIMATE QUESTION TO ASK.

AND I CAN TELL YOU THAT THOSE INDIVIDUALS, EVEN DURING THE COVID-19 PERIOD AFTER THEY STARTED BASICALLY ON MARCH THE 16TH, THEY ALWAYS MAINTAIN COMMUNICATION WITH THE CAMPUSES

[00:45:06]

FOR THE STUDENTS THEY ACTUALLY HAD ON THEIR CASE LOADS.

THEY TRIED TO MAKE SURE THEY FOLLOWED UP PERIODICALLY TO SEE WHAT THOSE KIDS MIGHT HAVE NEEDED. THEY WERE STILL TRYING TO MAKE SURE THEY WERE PUSHING OUT SERVICES TO THOSE THEY WERE ALWAYS STILL ENGAGED WITH THOSE STUDENTS.

AND COURSE, WE KNOW STUDENTS HAD SOME ADDITIONAL ISSUES PERSONALLY DUE TO BEING HOUSED OR CLOSED IN AND WE KNOW WHAT THOSE GUYS ALWAYS TRY TO MANAGE, EVEN THE SEL COMPONENTS OF THOSE THINGS, EVEN THOUGH THEY'RE NOT CONTRACTED TO DO SOME OF THOSE THINGS, THEY WERE PROVIDING THOSE SUPPORT SERVICES.

SO I'M VERY PROUD TO SAY THAT THEY NEVER LEFT US WITHOUT DOING ANYTHING THAT THEY NEEDED TO TO PROVIDE BETTER SUPPORT AND SERVICES DURING THE COVID-19 FOR THIS PAST SEMESTER.

THEY'VE ALWAYS BEEN THERE FOR US.

THANK YOU, MR SWANN.

ARE THERE ANY OTHER QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS? ALL RIGHT. IF NOT, THEN THAT BRINGS US TO 8.2 JJAEP TARRANT COUNTY.

ALL RIGHT. AS YOU KNOW, IF A COUNTY HAS OVER ONE HUNDRED TWENTY FIVE THOUSAND STUDENTS, THEY HAVE TO HAVE A JJAEP.

WE CANNOT EXPEL STUDENTS TO THE STREETS ANY LONGER.

WE'VE NOT DONE THAT FOR MANY, MANY YEARS.

THEREFORE, WHAT WE'D LIKE TO DO HERE IS IF WE HAVE ANY STUDENTS THAT MAY HAVE HUGE AMOUNTS OF REPEATED OFFENSES, WHICH MAY BE CONSTRUED AS DISCRETION, ERIC.

AND OR SOMETHING THAT WOULD BE A MANDATORY PLACEMENT.

CERTAINLY WE NEED TO HAVE A PLACE FOR THAT PURSE TO GO OUTSIDE OF OUR OWN IN-TOWN DAEP.

AND SO WHAT WE'VE DONE HISTORICALLY CERTAINLY IS WE'VE USED THE CARE OF THOSE STUDENTS WITH THAT TYPE OF SERVICE.

BELOW, YOU'LL NOTICE WHERE WE HAVE ACTUALLY PROVIDED.

YOU WANT SOME NOTES, ETC., TO TALK ABOUT THE STUDENTS THAT WE HAD IN THE PAST YEARS.

SOME THAT WOULD HAVE ROLLED OVER, SOME THAT WOULD ACTUALLY ROLL OVER AND MOVE TO DIFFERENT LOCATIONS.

BUT IF THEY START WITH US WITH OUR PLACEMENT, THEN, OF COURSE, THAT PARCEL OF REAL ESTATE'S ON OUR BOOKS, BUT THEY GO, OH, IT'S ALWAYS BAD TO TAKE CARE OF OUR STUDENTS.

AND WE'VE DONE THAT, AND THANKS TO THE JJ AEP HERE IN TARRANT COUNTY.

THEY'VE BEEN A GREAT SUPPORT SOCIAL SERVICE SYSTEM FOR US HERE.

SO GOOD THINGS.

THANK YOU, MR SWANN. ARE THERE ANY QUESTIONS REGARDING A JUNE ITEM, 8.2.

MR SWANN, THAT MOVES YOU TO EIGHT POINT THREE: JOHNSON COUNTY.

I FEEL LIKE YOU'RE TRYING TO GET RID OF ME.

YOU'RE MOVING ME TOO FAST HERE. I'M NOT.

NO ONE HAD ANY QUESTIONS AND YOU'RE DOING A FANTASTIC JOB WE'RE STILL MOVING. LAST ONE, GUYS, IS JOHNSON COUNTY.

AS YOU KNOW, WE ACTUALLY HAVE ON SOME COUNTY ROAD SOME RESIDENTS FOR WHOM THEY HAVE AN OPPORTUNITY, IF THEY HAPPENED TO MEET ONE OF THOSE THRESHOLDS, DISCRETIONARY PLACEMENT AND OR MANAGE WORK PLACEMENT, THEY CAN GO TO AND ARE ASSIGNED TO THE JOHNSON COUNTY JJ AEP. WE'VE NEVER SEEN A STUDENT GO THERE TO THAT PARTICULAR LOCATION, AS MR. JOHNSON HAS BEFORE MENTIONED, FOR MANY YEARS.

BUT WE DO HAVE THAT CERTAINLY IN OUR POCKET IF WE COUNTY AND THOSE HOMES THAT ARE IN THAT PRECINCT.

SO WE'RE EXCITED AGAIN TO PRESENT THINGS.

WE KNOW THAT WE'RE GOING TO HAVE TO HAVE SOMETHING DISCIPLINE BECAUSE WE'RE DEALING WITH VIRTUAL INSTRUCTION.

AND SO WE JUST WANT TO MAKE SURE THAT THE BOARD CONTINUES TO BE UPDATED ON OUR PROCESS WITH DISCIPLINE. THANK YOU, MR SWANN.

ARE THERE ANY QUESTIONS FOR MR SWANN CONCERNING AGENDA ITEM EIGHT POINT THREE? ALL RIGHT. WE DON'T HAVE ANY QUESTIONS.

THANK YOU, SIR. THANKS, MA'AM.

ALL RIGHT. THIS NOW MOVES US TO EXECUTIVE SESSION.

[9.0 Executive Session**]

AT THIS TIME, THE BOARD WILL ADJOURN TO EXECUTIVE SESSION PURSUANT TO TEXAS GOVERNMENT CODE FIVE FIVE ONE POINT ZERO SEVEN FOR EMPLOYMENT OF ADMINISTRATIVE PERSONNEL.

OTHER PARTICIPANTS MAY REMAIN ON THIS LINE AND THE BOARD WILL RETURN IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWING EXECUTIVE SESSION.

WE ARE ADJOURNING TO EXECUTIVE SESSION AT SIX FORTY SEVEN P.M..

WE ARE BACK IN OPEN SESSION AT--SORRY, SEVEN FORTY TWO P.M.

[10.0 Consideration and Possible Action Item(s)]

CONSIDERATION AND POSSIBLE ACTION ITEMS, AGENDA ITEM TEN POINT ONE, EMPLOYMENT OF ADMINISTRATIVE PERSONNEL, DATA ANALYST AND REPORTING COORDINATOR.

IS THERE A RECOMMENDATION? YES. JUST A MINUTE, SORRY.

[00:50:03]

I RECOMMEND NANCY D.

FOR THE POSITION OF DATA ANALYSTS REPORTING COORDINATOR AS RECOMMENDED.

THANK YOU, MR. RAY, FOR A RECOMMENDATION.

WE HAVE A MOTION. IS THERE A SECOND? SECOND. WE HAVE A SECOND FROM MS. ROBINSON. CAN WE MOVE TO VOTE PLEASE.

ALL RIGHT. THE MOTION PASSES UNANIMOUSLY.

AND CONGRATULATIONS TO MS. AND WITH NO FURTHER BUSINESS TO BRING BEFORE THE BOARD.

I'M SORRY. DR. MCFARLAND, DO YOU HAVE ANYTHING YOU'D LIKE TO BRING BEFORE WE CLOSE OUT? NO, MA'AM. I JUST BASICALLY WANT TO THANK THE STAFF AND EMPLOYEES.

THE DISTRICT WILL BE CLOSE FOR ACTUALLY THE FIRST TWO WEEKS OF JULY AND SO ON.

OUR STAFF AND EMPLOYEES HAVE BEEN WORKING EXTREMELY HARD OVER THIS TIME PERIOD, GETTING READY FOR THE NEW SCHOOL YEAR.

AND SO WE'LL COME BACK ALSO AND MAKE ADJUSTMENTS AS NEEDED.

BUT I JUST WANT TO THANK THE TEAM FOR THE FOR THE EFFORT AND THE HARD WORK.

AND THANK YOU TO THE BOARD AS WELL FOR YOUR FOCUS AS WELL.

THANK YOU. THANK YOU, DR.

MCFARLAND. SUBSET OF THE WHOLE ENTIRE CROWLEY ISD TEAM, WE SEE EACH OTHER OUT THERE.

WE'RE ALL ON VACATION.

RIGHT. SO ENJOY THE TIME UP.

REST UP. I KNOW WE'RE GOING TO HAVE SOME WORK AHEAD OF US IN THIS NEW CRAZY NEW NORMAL.

SO WITH NO FURTHER BUSINESS TO BRING BEFORE THE BOARD, WE ARE ADJOURNED AT SEVEN FORTY FOUR P.M..

* This transcript was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.